Friday, July 10, 2015

Rockin' Radiation

I began daily radiation treatments on June 24 and am about half way through the treatments.  I go to the clinic daily and see the Radiation Oncologist weekly.  I am happy to share that I have felt very few side effects.  I do have some strange "tingles" a few hours after the treatments, but nothing like side effects from the chemo - I'll take "tingles" any day! The radiation is focused on my chest and neck area and I have not had too many issues with my skin thus far.

The doctors gave permission for me to continue with some of our summer plans.  The girls, my Mother and I had a fantastic trip in June!  The pace was fast, but I did have time to rest in between seeing fantastic sights.  We were all thrilled to be able to travel together; I celebrated big at the Eiffel Tower.  The jump wasn't quite as good as my high school days, but I'm happy that I did make if off the ground!


My hair held on as long as possible, but I finally had to make the decision to get a buzz cut. I opted to go with the rocker look and kept a few bangs.  Wow, it is so much cooler than long hair; another great cut for the summer!


I will finish the radiation treatments around July 22.  I am scheduled to have a PET Scan in September to confirm that all the cancer is gone.  

Psalm 103:1-6
Praise the Lord, my soul;
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

We praise God for forgiving our sin.  We praise God for healing.  We praise God for His love and compassion.  We praise God for providing us with friends and family to love and support us these months.  We have much to be thankful for.

Please continue to pray for our family as I go through the next few weeks and complete the radiation treatment.  Pray that the cancer is totally eliminated.


4 comments:

  1. God is SOOO good! I love the buzz cut! It truly amazes me that you kept your hair for so long! The red devil, excuse me--Christmas Cheer!--usually takes people's hair after the first ten days or so. You look super!

    I really enjoyed seeing you the other day. Your spirits are still so high. That's fantastic. Just another way to show how God shines. I know you've probably had quite a few down times and don't want to show those to everyone, but please know that you can always talk to me. You may not want to talk to me much in the coming months since I am a reminder of this past year. I truly understand that. But if you need to talk, I just want you to know that I'm here.

    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous - inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, you are gorgeous, inside and out!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you, Amanda. Much love.

    -Clare Canzoneri

    ReplyDelete