Thursday, June 11, 2015

Chemo Complete! Now A Time for Rest

Praise God from whom all blessing flow!
  
Round 6 is in the past (May 21) and chemo is COMPLETE!  It is a fantastic feeling to know that portion of the treatment is behind me.  I slept through our 23rd wedding anniversary (May 23) but Mark continued to take extra good care of me.  After a week of resting at home, I was then able to recuperate at two places we really enjoy.


Pensacola Beach and Smith Lake.  
                               

The next phase of my treatment plan is 3 weeks of daily radiation.  I count it a blessing that you must wait several weeks for all the chemo drugs to exit the body before you are able to begin radiation.  I am excited to have several weeks with NO treatment and only a few doctors appointments.  The timing could not have been more perfect.  My doctors have given me permission to travel on a long planned very exciting trip with my Mother and 2 daughters.  We are off to make some wonderful memories!  

We will be home from the trip just in time to begin radiation the week of June 22.  I will go to the clinic everyday, Monday thru Friday, for 3 weeks.  I completed the radiation "simulation" this week.  It included something like a CAT scan and also the creation of this really cool mold. 

 It is critical that I do not move during the radiation treatment. The affected lymph nodes were really close to my heart and lungs.  The goal is to zap only the portions of my body that had the lymphoma; I think this custom mold with me strapped to the table will do the job.

My hair continues to thin, but thus far I've decided not to shave the remaining hair.  I am happy with thick headbands, scarves, and hats - I still have a few scraggly bangs to pull to the front.

Matthew 11:28-29
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

I feel like our family has been given a time for rest.  God desires for each of us to rest with Him. 

Thank you to everyone that continues to pray for our family.  Prayers are being answered.  Prayer gives me strength.  Prayer gives us all strength.  

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful time with your sweet girls and mom. The beach is such a healing place.

    ReplyDelete