Saturday, March 7, 2015

Here we go!

It has been two and a half weeks since the initial “Oh, Wow, what is that!”

This week we were told that I have Hodgkin lymphoma.  It has been tense at times, but we were blessed with several snow/ice days at home together and we are relieved that we know what we are dealing with after only 14 days; many people wait much longer.  We are thankful that things seem to be moving quickly.

My PET Scan showed that the affected area was only in the chest/neck area.  Nothing below the diaphragm; this is great news!  This type of cancer is treatable.  We are thankful.  My initial treatment plan is about 2 months of chemo and then a PET Scan to confirm it is killing the bad cells.  Then about 2 more months of chemo, followed by 3 weeks of daily radiation.  We are hoping that this does not put too much of a “hick-up” in our summer.  We so enjoy time hanging by the pool, relaxing at the lake and family fun on Pensacola Beach.

Yesterday I had a bone marrow biopsy.  They gave me the Michael Jackson sleeping drug; it worked great and Mark was happy I woke up.  We pray that nothing shows up in the bone marrow.

Next week is super busy with appointments to baseline my lungs and heart.  I will also meet with the radiologist and have the cath-a-port installed.  The first chemo treatment is schedule for Friday, 3/13. 

So, here we go!  Regretfully our family has a lot experience in this fight.  But we are strong, we have a GREAT God in our corner.  We got this!

Please pray for all the wonderful nurses and doctors we have met.
Please pray for our girls and my nieces and nephew, Mark, his parents and my Mother.
Please pray for strength for us this week through a busy schedule of appointments and procedures. 
Please pray that my body stays strong and that I tolerate the chemo drugs well.

Be joyful always.  Pray continually. Give thanks in all circumstances. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

We have so much to be thankful for! 
We are thankful for each of you offering prayers to our Heavenly Father on our behalf.

Much Love
Mark and Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Prayers going up for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. You will have prayers and good energy all around you and from afar to help you progress through this. If you need anything at all, please let me know.

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and complete healing! God is able to do exceedingly more than we can imagine or think.
    Blessings,
    Pastor Doug Wootten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for complete and total healing! You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are so very loved! Love Dawn Speegle

    ReplyDelete