Friday, March 13, 2015

It's Friday.....

It's Friday.... my first chemo treatment is today.

We had a very busy week, but everything went well.  I completed baseline test on my lungs and heart and met with my new radiation oncologist.  My "Power Port" surgery was Tuesday and must say I love Madison Hospital and their staff; we are thankful to have them in our community.  God puts people where you need them, when you need them.  A sweet nurse friend, Shari, was the nurse for the birth of Avery and Alyse.  We are thankful that she is at Madison Hospital and was with us for my lymph node biopsy and port install surgeries. 

Last Saturday I shared this blog.  Many more people became aware of what our family was facing.  Sunday morning I was a bit anxious as I headed to church.  I was anxious because I didn't want to feel like the "white elephant" in the room.

This song came on the radio.  I know that God speaks to me through song. 



I think it is "Friday" for the McBrayers.  We are at Friday in our battle against this disease, but I know Sunday is coming and boy is it going to be great!  I can't wait to see how God uses our family.

We were told "it looks like lymphoma" on Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent.  During Lent Christians try re-focus our lives to be more in line with Jesus.  During this Lent Season our family is certainly striving to be in line with the great things God has planned for us. 

Please pray for my body to stay strong and tolerate the chemo drugs today.

The verse for my devotion this morning:
 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

Its Friday, but Sunday is Coming!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, sweet Amanda. I had not heard this song. Yes, Sunday is coming and oh what a glorious Day that will be! Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying, not only for you, but also for your family and care team. Hold on, Sunday is coming.

    ReplyDelete