Sunday, March 29, 2015

Round 2

My next chemo treatment will be Monday, March 30.  

Last week I really began to dread the next treatment; the thought of it and I would feel nauseous.  Red Gatorade would make me nauseous because it reminded me of Christmas Cheer.  I felt like a wimp because I knew I needed to be strong, get strong and get ready for Round 2.

At the midpoint between my treatments I had the perfect morning devotion.  My devotion shared that when your mind is focused on a negative, you do not see God's gifts.  I was focused on the side effects of the treatment and how it might make me feel; the nausea, the weakness and neuropathy, the sore mouth.  We should instead thank God for whatever is preoccupying our mind.  That morning I thanked God for the powerful medicines.  I thanked God that I had insurance to help pay for the medicine.  I thanked God that I was strong enough to take the medicine.  I worked to replace the 'dread' with 'thanksgiving.'  I have much to be thankful for.

Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High. Psalm 50:14

We had a lovely Spring Break Week on Hilton Head Island, SC.  We relaxed and I succeeded in 'bulking up' in preparation for Round 2 and gained 5 pounds.  (NEVER have I needed to gain weight, so this was good fun!)

I guess it is a lot like a boxing match.  You go in the ring and you might get beat up a bit in Round 1.  Your body gets a little break, but you must get ready for Round 2.  I am ready for Round 2 and I have the best coach on my side of the ring.  We got this!

I love the song "Overcomer" by Mandisa.  Mandisa says it best:

You're an overcomer
Stay in the fight ‘til the final round
You're not going under
‘Cause God is holding you right now
You might be down for a moment

Feeling like it's hopeless
That's when He reminds You
That you're an overcomer

I am thankful that right now I still have hair, but I will be ready if Christmas Cheer wins the battle for the hair - wonderful girl friends surprised me with a 'hat shower'.  
We are thankful that my bone marrow biopsy came back clean!
We are thankful for the many prayers offered on our family's behalf.  
We are thankful for friends and family taking care of us and helping us through each round.

Please pray for Mark, the girls, and I as we go in for Round 2 on Monday, March 30.

Thank you and much love!



3 comments:

  1. "He who has mighty has done great things for AMANDA, and holy is his name."

    "Blessed is AMANDA, who believes that there will be a fulfillment of what was spoken to AMANDA from God."

    Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should say IS mighty - and you know the typo is going to drive me cuckoo. :-)

      Delete
  2. I know the dread, dear friend. I'm so thankful you know that God's got this. He is mighty to save!

    These are two of my favorite verses that I often lean on. I know you know them well, but I'll share them anyway. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." ~ Proverbs 3:5-6

    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete